How your podiatrist in Paterson and Paramus, New Jersey can help relieve your heel pain
If your heel hurts, don’t ignore it! Your feet carry you through the activities of your life, so you don’t want to be sidelined by annoying and debilitating heel pain. Dr. Henry Slomowitz wants to help your feet feel better. He has offices in Paterson and Paramus, New Jersey and also proudly serves the residents of Hackensack and Ridgewood.
Heel pain can restrict your ability to walk around, turning you into a couch potato! It’s also very common, especially if you suffer from diabetes, carry excess weight, have flat feet, or do high contact activities like running or tennis.
You can get heel pain from:
- Heel spurs, resulting from calcium deposits or muscle and ligament strain
- Stone bruises, resulting from stepping on sharp objects or stones
- Inflammation, resulting from Achilles tendon strain
- Baxter Nerve compression
Plantar fasciitis is another common cause of heel pain. The thick band of tissue running across your heel, called the plantar fascia, can become inflamed. Plantar fasciitis causes sharp, chronic pain in your heel, your arch, and the side of your foot. Runners commonly experience plantar fasciitis.
Heel pain may be relieved with some home remedies, including:
- Placing ice packs on your heel several times each day
- Doing arch and Achilles tendon stretches daily
- Taking over-the-counter anti-inflammatory and pain medications
- Wearing heel wedges and more supportive footwear
For heel pain that isn’t relieved by home therapies, you need to visit a skilled podiatrist like Dr. Slomowitz. He will suggest several effective treatments to ease your heel pain, such as:
- Custom-fit orthotics or footwear
- Physical therapy and stretching exercises
- Prescription anti-inflammatory medications
- ESWT (Electro Shock Wave Therapy)
- Injection therapy
For severe heel pain that doesn’t respond to traditional therapy, Radio Frequency Lesioning may be recommended. This treatment option does not require any cuts to the skin or stitches, and there is no downtime after the procedure.
Don’t get sidelined by heel pain! Get some relief from your podiatrist. Call Dr. Henry Slomowitz, serving residents of Hackensack and Ridgewood with offices in Paterson and Paramus, New Jersey. Help your feet feel better by calling today!